Ministry Overview in Response to COVID-19
Date: March 20, 2020
Given the need for social distancing and self-isolation in response to the COVID-19 situation, here are the parameters and practices of our ministries at New Hope Fellowship, Mississauga Campus. We are continuing with all of our essential ministries in Worship, Discipleship and Missions pillars. We will stay together, while we are distant.
Sunday Corporate Worship
For Sunday corporate worship we will only gather virtually via YouTube live-stream. Only pastoral staff, elders, and serving members in the praise and media teams will be coming into the church facility on Sunday morning to serve. We ask you to join the live-stream Sunday corporate worship at 9:30AM on our YouTube Channel (LPC Live).
For children (Kindergarten & Sparks) and youth (Hi-C) ministries, the pastors will post video sermons, songs and activities on our website. For Hi-C students, the service will be at 11:30AM via Instagram Live (LPC_EM_HiC). For Sparks Ministry, video sermons can be watched at 2PM from their YouTube channel and resources can be accessed through our website at newhopefellowship.ca/mississauga/education-department-worship-resources/
For Saturday Morning Prayer, we will continue by gathering virtually on Saturdays from 8-9AM via Google Meets. Hit the button below or on our front page with Saturday Morning Prayer photo to connect to our Google Meets from your computer, iPhone or android.
Life Groups (LG) will meet only virtually during this season. LG leaders will facilitate discussions based on Sunday sermons and lead a time of sharing and prayer. Pastor Charles will continue to oversee LG ministry and Shepherds will provide support and care for the huddles (group of LGs). Connect with your LG leader for your next meeting
College and Young Adults (C&YA) will meet virtually on Thursday nights for praise, prayer, Word and fellowship. Pastor Daniel will provide further details to C&YA members via the mailing list & Facebook group.
Those of you who are not part of a LG or C&YA, but would like to be part of a small group for accountability and support, please contact Pastors Charles or Daniel.
We invite all members to use this time to spend intentional time with God in Word and prayer. You can use the New Hope Bible Reading Plan (where additional resources are also available); you can also join the Bible Reading Accountability Group (B.R.A.G.) with Pastor Charles (email@example.com)
If you need any pastoral care or prayer, please reach out to our pastors and elders (or deacons). We are here to care for you and pray with you. Visit our staff page to meet our pastors, elders, staff and deacons.
To spread the gospel in word & deed during this season, we are seeking to find ways to bring support into the pressing and arising needs of our church members, neighbours, Malton community and the marginalized. If there is a need you believe should be addressed, please contact Pastor Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our primary means of communication will be through E-newsletters and our website. Please check our website for updates on our church’s responses to and various resources for COVID-19. If you would like to be part of the emailing list, please email Elaine Park at email@example.com
Please note that our church facility is closed until further notice. You can reach any of our staff via email or phone.
We are a church that moves with a gospel-centered missional spirituality. We will continue to worship God in spirit, and in truth, centered around the gospel of Jesus Christ. We will continue to trust Jesus and be formed as mature disciples of Jesus especially through this challenging season. We will continue to share the gospel and be on a mission for Christ by serving the people of our city and the nations. Jesus said, “…I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18). May we stand firm in Christ, love one another, bless the city and glorify God.
Update on Church’s Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
Date: March 14, 2020
Dear New Hope Fellowship (NHF) Members
After much prayer and discussion, NHF session met this morning to determine our response to the COVID-19 outbreak and the impact it is having in our communities and the world.
We know that many institutions including schools, some businesses, and churches, have made decisions temporarily to close facilities from large gatherings as a way to practice caution during these uncertain times. As a church we want to be socially responsible and do our part to flatten the infection curve in our city. As leaders of NHF we also want to make sure that our members are protected and cared for.
To that effect, NHF session has decided that we will not have our regular in-person Sunday corporate worship, but only live-streamed worship service at 9:30AM, starting immediately on Sunday, March 15. We are not cancelling our worship; we will continue to have Sunday corporate worship, but meet online until April 5. Please join us for worship service online at our church’s YouTube channel: LPC LIVE (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe5baq_bVJrXTIhyjXw5HtA)
For those who would like to continue with weekly offering and tithes, you can give online on our website under the ‘Give’ tab.
We will continue to keep communicating with you with any additional updates to keep you informed as it relates to our Sunday worship services.
On behalf of NHF session, thank you for your understanding and your prayers.
Pastor Jason Noh
Light Presbyterian Church and New Hope Fellowship
DATE: Feb 28, 2020
As you may be aware, the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been spreading globally and Canada is not immune from the virus outbreak. Our church has many members in the Korean Ministry who travel to and return from Korea which has had a surge in coronavirus cases in recent weeks. Toronto Public Health has advised that travelers who have returned from Asian and Middle Eastern countries (e.g., China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Iran) and Italy within the past 14 days are to monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after leaving the identified countries.
As a church we have decided to take stringent precautionary measures against the COVID-19 outbreak in order to protect our members. The Korean Ministry that shares the buildings in Mississauga and Downtown is taking even more aggressive measures to protect their members. Here are guidelines for our EM and RM members:
- From now till March 15 (Sunday) all meetings scheduled to be in the Mississauga and Downtown facilities will be postponed—except for corporate worship on Sundays and Saturdays. That is, all small group gatherings held within the church building (Life Groups, Classes, Choir, Friday Evening, Sunday morning & afternoon Children’s programs, etc.) are all postponed until March 15. Sunday School that runs during Sunday corporate worship will continue to be available. We will monitor and assess the situation and resume our regular meetings accordingly.
- For small group meetings taking place outside the church facility we ask the leaders to be extra cautious by checking the health state and travel history of the members and member’s household. Small groups may meet outside the church facility under the discretion of the leaders. Your group may want to take a complete break from meeting for the next few weeks.
- Mississauga & Downtown Campus buildings will be closed after 5PM, and we will restrict the use of the gym and kitchens until March 15. That is, all sports activities and events using the gym will need to be cancelled until March 15.
- If you have travelled to and returned from countries that are heavily infected by the COVID-19 (China, Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, Hong Kong, etc.) within the past 14 days, and/or if you have had prolonged close contact with family members or friends who have travelled back from those countries within the past 14 days, we ask you to self-quarantine yourself at home for 3 weeks.
- If you (or your family members) have cold symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, we advise you to stay home, seek treatment and restrain yourself (and your family members) from attending church functions–including Life Groups, classes and corporate worship services. Please inform the pastors, so that we are aware of the situation, and can care and pray for you.
We will provide updates and further guidelines in the coming weeks. For now, we are taking stringent precautionary action out of love and care for our members. We want to protect our community and the wider public from the potential spread of the virus.
Let us fix our eyes on Christ who rules over all circumstances and pray for those who have been impacted by the situation globally.
— EM Session of LPC